For this assignment we had to use the layers in order to place each jig saw piece where it belongs. To do this, I had to select each layer(each piece) and make it visible to move it around, otherwise, all the other layers would interfere.
I also used the chain tool to link certain layers so that they could be moved at the same time. This proved helpful when part of the puzzle was already completed, so I moved all the pieces all at once.
2.Layers Manipulation Exercise

This exercise also required layer placement and turning them on and off(making them visible or not). For this, I had to place layers over each other, and fade them out a little, using the opacity dial. This way, It became easier for me to line all the layers on top of each other to match the faces.
Next, I used the rubber tool to rub out some of the features that were not needed, and keep the ones I did need.
Here is my end result. I took different parts of each face and placed them on Harry's face, in order to manipulate it. All that remains in some layers is simply mouths, or just a neck, because everything else has been rubbed out.
3.Selection Exercise
Here I learned how to use different but similar tools in Photoshop for methods of extracting a section out of a picture, and placing it somewhere else.
For example, in order to move the eyes of the potato head, I had to crop the Blueberry using the circle cropping tool. Then placed it on top of the orange, and crapped them both together. This way, I only have to move them once, and duplicate them once.


