Illustrator

Illustrator assignments:
1.Simple Shapes

In order to get a good feel of illustrator, I stared with simple shapes, such as these. This first picture was made using the simple shape stool, and combining the shapes together in order to make new ones.

Here I learned how normal shapes can be used to make compound shapes, for design effects.





For this one, I also used simple shapes, such as circles, but combined them to create this. This one was supposed to symbolize the word "boil", in terms of its texture, look, color and shape.










This is another shape created through compounding different simple shapes. This one was supposed represent a Chunky shape, with its pure thickness. But, I could only use the simple shape Square.










This shape was supposed to represent something smooth only one of the simple shapes that is a square with smooth edges. So I used that shapes smooth shapes in order to cut smooth edges out of each shape I used. By the end, I ended up with this.









Here is another simple shape compound shape. For this one I had to create an explosion shape using only the triangle. So I used the triangle and added more corners to the shape to end up with pentagons and hexagons. Then I Merged all of them together and placed them over each other to give it this feeling.







2.Pen Tool

With the pen tool, I can create selected areas in color, like shapes, except they auto fill themselves as you create them. Its easy to use when your trying to recreate real life shapes such as a face. Its used like a pen, hence the name, and you use the mouse to draw the edge of the shape.
For this picture, I used the pen tool to recreate her face using a collection of the pen tool shapes.




















Here is my final product, this is her face recreated using the pen tool. I used the pen tool by looking over layer over layer to make sure the little shapes are almost the same color as the shades they are trying to represent on her face. Every different shade on her face needed to be replaced by the pen tool.

















For this I manipulated typed text in order to change the way it looks completely, to turn it into a logo style shape or phrase. I used the Free transform tool to change the word into a shape, so that it can be changed shape and treated as a shape. This way, every point on this new shape can be stretched and transformed to make the word look different.